Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When in Rome...

My aching feet! Huge day touring the Vatican Museum and St Peters Cathedral (I should mention that I cannot find the apostrophe on this keyboard...so any mistakes and very formal sounding speaking is not my intention!). I had no idea the museum was so big. It was so great to finnally see the Sistine Chapel in person. On thing I have realized is that I have a definite limit when it coems to seeing things. We were in the Vatican museum for about 4 hours and that was rushing through some things! I think the pooint at which everything begins to meld into one is around the 2 hour mark. Tomorrow we are going to head out to the Catacombs, I am really looking forward to them, I hope they are kind of creepy.

The campsite in Rome is like no campsite I have ever seen. It is huge and has a pool, 2 hottubs, 2 bars, a restaurant and market, ping pong, you name it. I convinced Tom that I needed a few nights in a real bed and not on my air mattress which has a definite slow leak (mornings are rough!). So we are spending three nights in one of the cabanas that is basically a delux tent with beds...heaven! Aside from the fact that it backs onto the freeway, it is sooooo nice.

Off to dinner now....as long as I live I will never get sick of pizza....ever.

1 comment:

  1. Are you guys eating the gelato? The pizza is great, but the gelato is GREAT...that's "great", but spelt in capitals.

    Your campsite sounds amazing!! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete