Friday, June 18, 2010

In Prague...

Just Czeching things out... That's right, I went there!

Day two in this lovely city and it is raining! I suppose it has finally caught up to us. Europeans don't do anything half assed, the food, the wine, the history, are all a cut above the rest. This goes for rain as well.

What is this 'rainy Vancouver' you speak of? You want rain? We'll show you rain!

Sure, we may have them beat when it comes to duration and overall amount of rain, but the 2 days on this trip that it has rained (yes I am gloating) have been absolute downpours! There was no way I was digging through my bag to find the unused raincoat in the bottom (it has just been so sunny! ) so we are now sitting in a mall waiting for tom's cousin to get off work.

The time we have spent in Prague so far has been fantastic. I am loving this city. Great food, great atmosphere, beautiful setting, just great. Tom is happy too because you can get half a litre of beer in a restaurant for about $1.50!

We are very lucky here in Czech because for the remainder of our trip we will be well taken care of by Tom's extended family. And He has been trying really hard to translate for me so I don't just sit around smiling and nodding! Although he is using my lack of language skills to his advantage. I asked him to find out from his cousin where the closest mall or shopping was and he simply said 'nah, don't want to'. What's a gal to do?

Zatim Naschledanou ( that's goodbye for now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment