Monday, June 14, 2010

Sitting in a cafe in Dubrovnik writing on my iPod. I ordered a Coke and Tom has a beer. The beer was cheaper than my coke!   

Yesterday we had an unfortunate food experience. We got into Dubrovnik at around noon and set out for lunch and sightseeing. We grabbed a couple mini pizzas from a bakery and sat down in the shade to dig in. Everything was going well until I started to look closer at the ham on my pizza... It wasn't ham, it was Spam, or the Croatian equivalent to spam 'shudder'. It was horrible. Tom tougher it out, picking off the more obviously gross bits. Me, I had to pull the whole top of my pizza off and try and finish off the crust without thinking about what had been on it. We had to get gelato after to ease the pain.  

Today we took a quick ferry to a small island off the coast and spent the day swimming and exploring the fort, monastery and garden on the island. It is stinking hot here so we try not to venture to far from the water!

Tomorrow we set out for Split where will will catch an overnight train to Zagreb. From there we catch a bus to Prague that takes, oh, 12 hours.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment