Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cinque Terre and Florence

Few, it has been a busy couple of days. Turns out we left Nice the day the trains and busses went on strike (yay). So our quick half day trek to Lavanto turned into a 13 hour train travel day....horrible. But we arrived safe and sound, found our campsite and set out the next day for our hike from Lavanto to Monteroso (I really hope I am spelling things right!). Those of you who know Tom, know that he is not scared of a big hike. Those of you who know me, know that I am! Well, let me tell you. this was not the stroll through the Italian countryside I had imagined. 2 hours of hiking later we arrive in Monetrosso, a beautiful little town on the coast. The next day we tackled 2 out of 4 of the Cinque Terre hikes (one was closed). We saw three of the most beautiful little towns

No comments:

Post a Comment