Friday, June 25, 2010

Pit Stop in Prague

We are back in Prague after 5 nights in the country and tonight we will catch a train to Marianske Lazne, don't ask me where that is or how to pronounce it! You would think my Czech would have improved a bit being fully immersed in the language for a week, but alas, I have never had an ear for languages.

Last night Tom's cousins took us on a mystery adventure and it was one of the coolest and scariest experiences of my life...luckily it was more cool than scary. We were told to bring a flashlight and then we hiked to the middle of the woods at night...I was already scared. Turns out there is a massive network of caves that date back to 50 000 BC and anyone who wants can just go ahead and explore them, anytime they want. This is where it gets scary. In the middle of the night, we crawled into (on hands and knees)these caves with our flashlights and started to explore. I am mildly claustrophobic, FYI. Once we were about 20 metres in and far enough so I couldn't escape if things went horribly wrong everyone decided it would be a great idea to turn off all the flashlights and just sit inside a cave that was about 1 metre tall. NOT FUN! I practiced some deep breathing and managed to escape alive once we decided to live, but it was scary, I'm not going to lie.

Overall, a very, very cool experience. One of those ones we would never have done on our own. We have been very well taken care of!

Well, off to find some lunch. Tom has already left me to go sit in the main square and grab a beer so I will have to find him first I suppose!

1 comment:

  1. Oh lord, I honestly started to feel anxious just reading about crawling into those caves. I have semi-claustrophobia as well, and even thinking about that made me feel like I had a weight on my chest! Good for you for being so brave!! I hope the rest of yours and Sir Jan's trip is fab :)

    ReplyDelete